Fifth Sunday in Lent
March 29, 2020
FAITH LUTHERAN CHURCH
247 Westmount Road East Telephone 519-745-6422
Pastor Warren Hamp Residence 519-571-0240
PRAYER: Blessed Lord Jesus Christ, You are the Resurrection and the Life. We praise You for Your serving life and sacrificial death, for Your rising from the dead to open the New Creation to all who trust in Your name. Be with us on the way, in these Lenten days, in the midst of fears, concerns, and trials. Grant us Your Spirit through Your Word, that we may be confident in your grace, knowing that with You we are on the highway to Zion, the road to Resurrection; for You live and reign with the Father and the Son, one God world without end. Amen.
TEXT: John 11:1-45
SERMON THEME: Jesus On The Road to Resurrection
IN OUR PRAYERS:
- our federal, provincial, and local governments in the midst of the Covid19 outbreak, for clear and helpful action that God may
- The hungry and homeless, here and around the world; those who have been laid off from their work, that support will come quickly to them
- God’s angelic watch of doctors, nurses, EMT’s, and all health care workers that they may be a blessing to those in need of care
- Christ’s way for care for those who are sick, especially those with cancer: Pat Keleher (a friend of Angela Eggen), John Clark, Sandy Noble, with lymphoma, Siegrid Reinhardt (Wally’s sister), undergoing radiation
- Gina Schoenwiese, undergoing surgery on Wednesday; Leslie (a friend of Karen Goebel) in hospital suffering ALS; Peter Rasmussen, receiving care at home; Merv Goebel, recovering from a stroke; Mary Rieck, in Grand River Hospital
- Nicaragua and other Central American countries whose healthcare infrastructure is not prepared for such a virus, that their leaders take appropriate action. Especially for the children in the Food programs that they still be nourished
- Mission Prayer: Pastor Brad Julien serves half-time at Redeemer Lutheran Church, Kakabeka Falls, Ontario, and half-time at Street Reach Ministries in Thunder Bay, Ontario. Street Reach runs a variety of programs including a drop-in centre which allows both Pastor Julien and volunteers from the LCC churches to build relationships and with those on the street and provide for their spiritual and physical needs.
- Brian & Judy
- Mike, Denise, Matthew, Holly, Lilly & Luke
THE LUTHERAN HOUR weekly message of inspiration and hope will be broadcast of CKWR 98.5 at 7am Sunday mornings. You can also listen on-line or download pod casts at www.lll.ca. “Labors of Love” Guest Speaker: Pastor Ryan Tinetti. The plagues described in Exodus show us the wrath of God and the lengths to which God will go to save His people.
WOMAN TO WOMAN
May be downloaded at womantowomanradio.com
ISSUES ETC. PROCLAIMING GOD’S WORD DURING A GLOBAL PANDEMIC…Issues, Etc. is a radio talk show and podcast produced by Lutheran Public Radio in Collinsville, IL and hosted by LCMS Pastor Todd Wilken. This week’s topics include: Social Distancing & Depression, Psychedelic Drugs, Palm Sunday, Joseph the Patriarch and more. You can listen live or at your convenience at www.issuesetc.org and on the LPR mobile app.
Since we are not able to gather together for Divine Services, we ask first that we all keep one another in prayer and keep in contact with one another by phone or through email. We remain the Body of Christ, even if we can’t be together physically!
Although we are not able to gather at this time, don’t let that keep you from receiving the gifts of Christ. Pastor Hamp will be sending out sermons (in Word document form) for Sundays and Lenten Midweek, as well as the readings, hymns, and propers for each of those days. Also, an audio service and video sermon will be available online; watch your email or take a look at the website www.faithlutherankw,com
Also, we have a number of online resources listed here, for your being built up in the Word of Christ in your home.
Local Streamed Worship Services:
Holy Cross Lutheran Church, Kitchener
Sunday – 10am Live Stream Bible Class
– 11am Live Stream Service
Redeemer Lutheran Church, Waterloo
(click on ‘View Sermon’)
Other Streamed Worship Services:
Beautiful Saviour Lutheran Church, Winnipeg
(note that 10:30 CST means 11:30am here)
Redeemer Lutheran Church, Fort Wayne
(under ‘Worship’, click webcasts, then scroll down to the link for their YouTube channel)
If you do not have a hymnal at home, please email pastor (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can arrange a time for you to pick one up at church.
For Hymn accompaniment at home, you can look at
www.hymnary.org which has the words to many of the Lutheran Service Book
You can listen to the hymns and have the words at ‘Lutheran TV – Hymns from the LSB’ which you will find on YouTube
ALL Services of Worship, Bible Studies, and meetings have been postponed until further notice (the Elders and Council will re-evaluate the public health situation, so we will keep you informed).
Pastor Hamp will be in the office regularly, so feel free to call (519-745-6422). He is also available on his cell (519-571-0240).
If you wish to continue the gifts of your offerings to the Lord through His congregation, please either mail them (a cheque would be wise) to Faith Lutheran Church, 247 Westmount Road East, Kitchener, Ontario N2M 4Z2 or drop them off in the mail box (pastor will be here each day to set them aside securely). We hope to have information to you soon about e-transfers as well.
God grant us His patience and strength in His baptismal promise and His forgiving Word in these days.