Third Sunday after Epiphany
January 24, 2021
FAITH LUTHERAN CHURCH
247 Westmount Road East Telephone 519-745-6422
Pastor Warren Hamp Residence 519-571-0240
PRAYER: Heavenly Father, You have sent Your Word into the world through You apostles and prophets, to announce that Your Kingdom is at hand. Grant us Your Spirit to hear and to heed Your Word, to repent and to believe in Your Son Who was crucified and raised from the dead for our forgiveness and life. Keep us Yours in this passing-away world and bring us to the new world to come; for You live and reign with Your Son and Holy Spirit, one God, world without end. Amen.
IN OUR PRAYERS:
- Our Prime Minister and Premier, and those who lead in our country, to serve the good of all, especially in these days of heightened need; wisdom for health and medical leaders
- Confidence in Christ for all who are in need in body and soul, especially: Barb Schaeffer, being treated for brain cancer; Stephanie Canada (Laurie Gray’s daughter) recovering from breast cancer surgery on Friday; Annette Hamp,undergoing chemotherapy treatment for breast cancer
- Hope in Christ for: Gina Schoenwiese, that her pain be managed; Leslie (a friend of Karen Goebel) in hospital suffering ALS; Bill House, receiving care at home; Ron Witt, for good care; Glenn Baechler (Brad’s father) recovering at home; Rev. Roger Winger, in palliative care at the Westmount Retirement Home;
- Lutheran Church Canada, and those who serve us: Timothy, Marvin, Richard; the Lutheran churches in Nicaragua
- Mission Prayer: Mariela Sanchez, who serves as an instructor in the faith at the Lutheran Church in Somotillo, Nicaragua
- The people of Little Grand Rapids, Manitoba (location of our LAMP teams), and other First Nations, for an end to the Covid19 outbreaks in their remote communities; the rollout of Covid19 vaccines across Canada
THE LUTHERAN HOUR weekly message of inspiration and hope will be broadcast on Brantford’s Arise Christian radio 1380AM station Sunday mornings at 8:30am. You can listen on-line at www.lutheranhour.org. “Why Jesus Told Parables” Speaker: Rev. Dr. Michael Zeigler. Jesus’ parables draw His followers out of the crowd and into the circle of His disciples.
WOMAN TO WOMAN
May be downloaded at womantowomanradio.com
ISSUES ETC. MORE TOPICS, MORE GUESTS, MORE JESUS
Issues, Etc. is a radio talk show and podcast produced by Lutheran Public Radio in Collinsville, IL and hosted by LCMS Pastor Todd Wilken. This week’s topics include: The Conversion of Paul, The Book of Revelation, The New Testament Manuscripts, The Need for a Global Children’s’ Rights Movement, Discussing Social Issues with Progressives and more. You can listen at your convenience at issuesetc.org, the LPR mobile app and your favorite podcast provider.
We welcome Pastor Perry Hart, who is presiding and preaching in our worship today. We pray God’s favour on the Word spoken to us through His servant, that we may be brought again to repentance and faith in the Gospel of Jesus Christ by the power of His Holy Spirit.
THIS WEEK –
Thursday – 6:30pm – Catechesis (online)
Did you know that you can sign up for Daily Devotions from Lutheran Hour Ministries that will come to your inbox every day? Just google Lutheran Hour Ministries, click on Daily Devotions, and sign in. You will also receive the Lutheran Hour Lenten devotions this way automatically!
We are in the process of updating our Member Directory. To help us ensure that it is up to date, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any changes to your mailing address or telephone number that have occurred within the past few years. If you wish to verify that we have the most up to date information for you, please email to confirm.
Lutheran Hour will be broadcast over Faith FM 94.3 at 12 noon starting February 7, 2021. Lutheran Hour will also continue with its broadcasts on Brantford’s 1380 AM station at 8:30am.
Pastor Hamp will be in the office regularly, so feel free to call (519-745-6422). He is also available on his cell (519-571-0240).
If you do not have a hymnal at home, please email pastor (email@example.com) and we can arrange a time for you to pick one up at church.
If you wish to continue the gifts of your offerings to the Lord through His congregation, please either mail them (a cheque would be wise) to Faith Lutheran Church, 247 Westmount Road East, Kitchener, Ontario N2M 4Z2 or drop them off in the mail box (pastor will be here each day to set them aside securely).
Lutheran Church–Canada has enhanced its website to include the option of giving directly to your home congregation. When you visit www.lutheranchurchcanada.caand click on the “Support My Home Congregation” link on the home page, you will be directed to a secure, online giving portal. You may also use this link to go directly there https://lutheranchurch-canada.tng-secure.com
Once there, choose “Donate to My Congregation” under Featured Funds. Following the instructions, enter the amount of your donation/offering and select your congregation from the dropdown list. Enter the required information on the subsequent forms including your credit card information and complete your gift. Should you want to repeat this process weekly, you may find it easier to register once, although this is not necessary. You will receive an immediate donation receipt from LCC (not your congregation) and your congregation will receive a cumulative total once a month of all gifts it has received.
God grant us the favour of His Holy Name, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and confidence in His baptismal promise and His forgiving Word as we joyfully confess Him and live in His Word.